Saturday, April 24, 2010

It's all in the planning

Hello all and welcome to my blog. I freely admit that this was not something I thought I would ever do. Quite frankly for the longest time I felt that writing a blog is pretentious and the authors are probably in dire need of attention. Yet here I am... maybe it is part of my mid live crisis?
To actually sit down and write this blog has taken a long time and even more planning. A lot of my friends ask me why I love riding a motorcycle. Well, one of the many reasons is that you ride for hours and just get lost in thought. Your life flashes in front of you and when you come back you wonder why things have not been always this clear and right in front of your eyes.

So here is the thing, I turned 40 years old, have a great wive and child at home and was looking for a new challenge. Building things with your own hands has a great appeal to me and things that turn out to be useful to create a meal are even better. My friend Breven and I went on a bike run in 2008 to Arizona. We visited friends in Scottsdale and they just finished an outdoor kitchen. Breven literally went home and started his own. He built a fantastic outdoor kitchen with a hand made (brick for brick) wood burning pizza oven. I was hooked. Problem is, it took him 13 months to finish.
And so it goes. I have been planning for the better part of 3 months. I have researched websites, YouTube and building companies. I have drawn up plans ( and re-drawn them many times), discussed it with the wifey to get approval to even do this thing and finally found a spot in the back yard where I will build my very own wood burning pizza oven. I have every intention of finishing a lot sooner than my friend Breven. As a matter of fact I hope that before the summer is out, I will have a back yard get together where we can christen my latest adventure.

I hope you will come along for the ride, reply to my post, give advise or just make general comments. Thanks and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment